MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Chrysler's "Let's Refuel America"  (Read 462 times)

Stitcherbob

• View Profile
Chrysler's "Let's Refuel America"
« on: May 16, 2008, 07:44:00 AM »

This is the newest scam to get you to buy a new car during these tough times. Chrysler offers to protect you from high fuel costs for the next 3 years by keeping your gas price at $2.99. Sounds good, huh? Well do the math and read the fine print.
If gas stays at summertime high $3.57 or so then 2.99 sounds good. But the offer only works on most 08 and 09 Chrysler products and is given to the purchaser in the form of a gas card. It arrives some 4-6 weeks after you purchase your car. It comes with guidelines, rules and restrictions. It is valid only for 87 octane gas (higher grades incur extra charges to customer) and each vehicle has individual yearly allotment based on 12,000 miles per year and the adjusted combined average EPA city/highway mpg. The allotment ends each year on July 31st (2009,2010,2011) .....right around the summer driving season! The big kicker is that the savings is around $232.00 a year (based on a 30 mpg car, 12,000 miles a year, $3.57 a gallon gas) and the fine print says : "Program is in lieu of all factory & dealer incentives" !!!!

So, if you go with the program you can save a grand total of $696 instead of a coupla grand off from a dealer incentive....... and Chrysler will be using the absolute best fuel economy averages to calculate what you will be allotted......so I hope you live somewhere  flat like Kansas!

They treat me like dirt! I'm better than dirt! Well better than most kinds of dirt. Maybe not as good as store-bought dirt.Thats got nutrients & stuff

Stan Paralikis

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 08:19:54 AM »

The first time I saw the details of that incentive, I did the math quicly in my head and came to the same conclusion.

But it's all a moot point right now because I'd rather have my cajones ripped off by a rabid pitbull than buy a new car.

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 08:21:45 AM »

Nothing is ever free.  Nobody gives anything away unless the money is in the sale to cover it
Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted

Arlen Vander Hoff

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2008, 09:27:45 AM »

Quote from: Commando1
The first time I saw the details of that incentive, I did the math quicly in my head and came to the same conclusion.

Gee Stan how do you really feel about buying a new car?????

Stan Paralikis

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2008, 10:07:04 AM »

Quote from: ardog
Quote from: Commando1
Gee Stan how do you really feel about buying a new car?????

This morning, I walked out of Walgreens towards my truck.  It's an F150, basic, low-line, no option, bottom feeder.  Cost me $15k brand new 2 yrs. ago and it's a workhorse!
Parked right next to me was a brand new Lincoln LT.  Same color. 
So I'm looking at my dirty truck (Hmmm...$15k, does everything I want to do and more).
Then I look at the virtually identical LT (Hmmmm....$50k, does more than anything I'll ever need).

So, Suburbia Bubba comes out and sees me comparing the two trucks.  I couldn't help myself.  I said: "I cant see the $35k difference".
S.B says: "I wash mine".

Mike

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2008, 12:57:48 PM »

Hahahaha good one Stan, I wouldnt buy a new car today either. If
anything I'm going older, there are two many scams and red tape today
and it takes the joy out of getting a new car.

Part of the Jersey Mob.

Matt Aker

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2008, 02:51:27 PM »

If I were to buy a new vehicle it would be a diesel Land Rover.  Even at $4.50 per gallon!  It's reputed that they can achieve almost 32 mpg under normal driving circumstances but still retain the ability to go ANYWHERE .

BUT...  back to real life!  My Coupe DeVille gets a hearty 13 mpg TOPS and it's seeing a 60-mile round trip every day these days!
Matt

I love don't YOU?  Cause I never grew up!

Stitcherbob

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2008, 05:34:12 PM »

32mpg might be a dream now that the ultra low sulfur fuel is out there.....

They treat me like dirt! I'm better than dirt! Well better than most kinds of dirt. Maybe not as good as store-bought dirt.Thats got nutrients & stuff

Johnny D.

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2008, 05:42:47 PM »

newest car i've had yet is my 92 sedan deville... its pullin 17mpg combined highway city miles... plenty for a guy with no where to go...

i've parked the 72... just cant afford it...

"Rock and Roll's been going downhill ever since Buddy Holly died."- John Milner
Pages: [1]   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC