MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wooo Hoooo  (Read 309 times)

Tom Atkinson

• View Profile
Wooo Hoooo
« on: May 08, 2008, 05:12:54 AM »

I may have made a big find on my car.   I was reading on another site about broadcast sheets for these old cars.  It also said it's a pretty big deal to find these.  Suggested they might be found in various spots on the car one being under the drivers seat in the springs.   
I ran out and felt under the drivers seat.  Sure enough up in the springs is paper.  Pulled very very gently but it would not come out so I stopped.  When I can take the seat out I'll see what it is.   If it is the broadcast sheet I'll have the window sticker, bill of sale and now this to display when I start showing her off.

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Wooo Hoooo
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2008, 06:48:49 AM »

I don't know what the Hub Bub is about with them being so difficult to find.  They are usually in the same approximate spots all the time.

Ohhhhh   Look!  I have a 30 year old piece of paper with lots of pale colors on it.

I found a 4th stuffed inside a rear door in Polaraco
Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted

Stitcherbob

• View Profile
Wooo Hoooo
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008, 07:30:36 AM »

C'mon Steve....it does make ya feel good when ya find one! Some aren't so lucky.

Get help to pull the seat springs down (or up if the seat is out) and carefully wiggle the fragile paper out. Then hold it over a steaming hot running faucet or boling kettle and it will un-crinkle and become pliable again. Hold it high just so it can get a little steam (50% humidity is best) . I then put it in a big ziplock bag so you can research it.

They treat me like dirt! I'm better than dirt! Well better than most kinds of dirt. Maybe not as good as store-bought dirt.Thats got nutrients & stuff

R. Dave Carr

• View Profile
Wooo Hoooo
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2008, 08:36:36 AM »

I was impressed whern I found the sales invoice for my 300 from 1966.
1968 Newport Convertible

Matt Aker

• View Profile
Wooo Hoooo
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2008, 11:34:20 AM »

I found three broadcast sheets in my '66.  One under the back seat, one behind the RF door panel and one in the driver's seat back.  The third one was from another car however...
Matt

I love don't YOU?  Cause I never grew up!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC