MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cat Burglars  (Read 526 times)

steve fogel

• View Profile
Cat Burglars
« on: May 06, 2008, 08:26:09 PM »

Unbelievable!  I just saw the news and there's been a rash of catalytic converter thefts off vehicles here in Bakersfield lately.......one lady just went in the Target store and when she came out, her cat converter was gone !!!   Apparently, the thieves can get $200 for each one because of the precious metals (platinum, rhodium, etc) in the converter........local muffler shops are reporting record numbers of cat converter replacements.......at least they didn't put a banana in yer tailpipe like in Beverly Hills Cop !..........remember back in the 70's when all you had to worry about was gas siphoners?.........by the way, how come nobody's doing that these days, when gas is 4 times what it was back then?

Stitcherbob

• View Profile
Cat Burglars
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2008, 08:37:43 PM »

Au contrair! Zey are stealing zee gas, but zey don't siphon no more......zey punch zee hole in zee bottom of zee tank.....sacre bleu!

Pardon my French

They treat me like dirt! I'm better than dirt! Well better than most kinds of dirt. Maybe not as good as store-bought dirt.Thats got nutrients & stuff

Brian

• View Profile
Cat Burglars
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2008, 08:41:37 PM »

Well today most cars have the locking side panel, then you can get to the filler...but with the car alarms these days it would go off if they tried to pry open the side panel therefore drawing attenton to there theft.

Yeah I have seen the reports on Cat thefts....makes you wish you hadn't tossed out all those cats years ago....

Brian

02 Chrysler Concorde Lxi
84 Dodge Crewcab, Cummins/5speed
68 Chrysler Station Wagon 440/auto
48 Desoto 2dr Sedan flat 6/3spd manual

steve fogel

• View Profile
Cat Burglars
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2008, 01:16:33 PM »

$200 apiece fer a cat converter?......Snotty, quick grab yer socket set and yer cutting torch and let's go !

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Cat Burglars
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2008, 05:21:10 PM »

Heck

Use a battery powered sawzall and make $400 a car. (todays cars have 2 converters) 

4 capers a week is a good weeks pay.  Not bad for only 4 hours worth of work. . .

I wonder if they 1099 themselves  

POLARACO2008-05-07 22:24:15
Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted

steve fogel

• View Profile
Cat Burglars
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2008, 08:12:32 PM »

Midnight Auto Supply never paid it's employees so well !    You can retire after only 5 years of employment!

steve fogel

• View Profile
Cat Burglars
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2008, 08:13:26 PM »

If that sawzall has a silencer on it, then sign me up !

steve fogel

• View Profile
Cat Burglars
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2008, 08:17:34 PM »

bet they won't steal them off the lowriders.......too dang hard to git under those rigs.....they did say SUV's and jacked up pickups were the targets, cause you can dang near kneel under those bears......

steve fogel

• View Profile
Cat Burglars
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2008, 08:21:08 PM »

guess they already stole all the copper wire from the construction sites........time to move on to more precious metals.....

Snotty

• View Profile
Cat Burglars
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2008, 08:10:54 PM »

Quote from: hurst1
guess they already stole all the copper wire from the construction sites........time to move on to more precious metals.....

One of my Church Members had all the copper wires stolen from her ag pumps!  SHeesh!

In Sacramento last April the news was the people drilling a small hole in the bottom of gas tanks and putting a big bassanet under the car.  They come back in 30 minutes and have their next tank full.

Wow!!

Steve, is Stevies' bassanet being used at the moment?

It's green here in Chico!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC