MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Chaz got some new shoes 'n shtuff  (Read 1468 times)

Johnny D.

• View Profile
Chaz got some new shoes 'n shtuff
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2008, 06:16:02 PM »

makes "filing" easier... old italian trick... even this damned kid knows that one...

"Rock and Roll's been going downhill ever since Buddy Holly died."- John Milner

Ken

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2008, 06:48:32 PM »

Yeah yeah..I wasn't going to ship 'em to you Bob...you've got enough grief from El Kahuna here.

Does that price seem to be "legit", though?  I'm not asking for a concourse restoration here.  Ugh, my head hurts just thinking about it.  Anyway, there are a few other shops out here I can look into that DO take plastic, and IF I get the upholstery work done, that means bupkis for engine machining for this year.  Oh well, it'll get done at some point, even if I sell the Armada to do it.

John, now I'll be like Steve, *shakes his cane* damned kid!</our benevolent dictator, El Supremo Steve>

'67 300 2 door "Fast top" with factory A/C, 1973 disc power brakes,Firm Feel Stage 1 power steering, Auto-pilot, up for sale!

Stitcherbob

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2008, 07:57:16 PM »

Mosey, Mosey, Mosey.....

where to begin? Out dere in wacky Californ-eye-a I heard that prices were less than here. Most shops charge $60-80 an hour (I do $45) and the price depends on what they do to your seats. A typical shop here would just throw the new covers on the old frames with a little cotton batting to puff 'em out. I always sandblast (if needed) and paint the springs/frames before putting new burlap on them (heavy, sagless burlap costs more but is what I want on the cushions...the backs can get regular burlap). Then a layer of jute padding (like the carpet shtuff) gets glued on the burlap and wrapped over the edges. 1" foam padding or the original foam buns goes on next. Bench seats get a layer of 3/4" thick hi-loft dacron before the covers, bucket seats get whatever I can fit in there without making them look too cartoony. Steam from a professional steamer makes the covers fit like new, just using raw heat can ruin vinyl if used incorrectly.
If you go to an upholsterer knowing what you want, you stand a better chance of getting a good job.

They treat me like dirt! I'm better than dirt! Well better than most kinds of dirt. Maybe not as good as store-bought dirt.Thats got nutrients & stuff

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2008, 07:37:19 AM »

[/QUOTE]

Yeah Yeah Yeah. . .But whos the one with the answers?
Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted

Ken

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2008, 01:22:48 PM »

That just means there's more of US for asking questions! 
Uh, what WAS the question again?

'67 300 2 door "Fast top" with factory A/C, 1973 disc power brakes,Firm Feel Stage 1 power steering, Auto-pilot, up for sale!

Ken

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2008, 06:14:39 PM »

I think I found a place to take care of my upholstery needs, yay!!! Tomorrow I'll find out for sure about having my seats worked on and getting some perforated material to be the middle panels in the seats (European perforation, for those wanting to know..ahem, Stitch!)

Brian

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2008, 06:49:34 PM »

Right on!! Hope their prices are a little more to your liking, and they take plastic?

Brian

02 Chrysler Concorde Lxi
84 Dodge Crewcab, Cummins/5speed
68 Chrysler Station Wagon 440/auto
48 Desoto 2dr Sedan flat 6/3spd manual

Stitcherbob

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2008, 07:59:46 PM »

Just remember Moesy....perforated is harder to clean than non.....the 91 Junk I'm cleaning has perf leather and the mildew got into the foam thru those holes......

They treat me like dirt! I'm better than dirt! Well better than most kinds of dirt. Maybe not as good as store-bought dirt.Thats got nutrients & stuff
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC