MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Chaz got some new shoes 'n shtuff  (Read 1450 times)

Ken

• View Profile
Chaz got some new shoes 'n shtuff
« on: May 01, 2008, 03:25:29 PM »

Woo hoo!! Take a looky!  New Firestone FR380 tires in 235/75-15 mounted to the cop wheels I have, so the Vectors don't get damaged whilst work is still on going.  PLUS, the Just Suspension front end pieces are installed as are the '73 disc knuckles, LCA , Mobby's rotors  I bought off him last year, new front hoses and new calipers.

Moesy2008-05-01 20:29:51
'67 300 2 door "Fast top" with factory A/C, 1973 disc power brakes,Firm Feel Stage 1 power steering, Auto-pilot, up for sale!

Ken

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2008, 03:26:00 PM »

Here's a tip: The Bendix part number is for a rear wheel cylinder with a 7/8" inner diameter, and I got these to help with balancing the brake system now that I have single piece '73 rotors up front.

The master cylinder/booster assembly is not yet installed, as we are waiting on front lines and a hold-off valve (I think Inline Tubes is where Ed ordered the front brake lines from, not sure about which vendor for the hold-off valve is sourced from), so the brakes are currently inop.

Oh, and a listing of what Ed *thinks* still needs to be done by him

The grille detail will consist of merging two halves to make one good whole, and the bumpers had to be sublet to ANOTHER plater since the original guy didn't have drums big enough for my bumpers, as they would get scratched upon removal.

I'm going to give my painting skills a try (HA! ) and detail the trim pieces that have the tri-color medallion.

Moesy2008-05-01 20:39:25
'67 300 2 door "Fast top" with factory A/C, 1973 disc power brakes,Firm Feel Stage 1 power steering, Auto-pilot, up for sale!

Arlen Vander Hoff

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2008, 03:53:06 PM »

I've said it before and I'll probably say it again before he's done but.........
SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ken

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2008, 03:54:35 PM »

TY Ard, WOOOF!!

Not seen on that list are the work for the engine and transmission, a dash upgrade I'm thinking of doing, and having a dual exhaust set-up put on it.
" OY!"  That was my credit card crying out in pain

Moesy2008-05-01 20:57:10

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2008, 04:06:01 PM »

Ahhhhhh   Chicken feed.      

You want a list?  I'll give you the short version on VOAB. . . .

Stop talking about it and
Do Everything!

He did a great job detailing those parts Moe.  Looks like brand new.  I painted my lowers though
Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted

Johnny D.

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2008, 06:46:56 PM »

Woooh been busy with finals and missed this. I'm super happy the Rots worked out for you Ken.

Chaz is coming along at breakneck now!

"Rock and Roll's been going downhill ever since Buddy Holly died."- John Milner

Brian

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2008, 08:37:53 PM »

Hey I have a front suspension that looks a lot like your....HMMMM...

Looking good....Sure you can't wait to drive the ol' girl...I know I can't wait to drive mine with all the new stuff!!
Brian

02 Chrysler Concorde Lxi
84 Dodge Crewcab, Cummins/5speed
68 Chrysler Station Wagon 440/auto
48 Desoto 2dr Sedan flat 6/3spd manual

Ken

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2008, 07:28:07 PM »

Here's the latest news; The vinyl top was going on today!

The hood is back in place, and I think another buff, then clearcoat and final buffing needs o be done to it.

Found a problem with my plan for using the '73 booster for the upgrade;  The pushrod is longer than the unit it is replacing.

Bummer, dude.  So, youse guys, if ANYONE of you NEEDS a booster for a '73, let me know, capisch?

In OTHER bad news, my windshield has a crack that is in the top right corner AND apparently, when a previous repair was made to it to stop leaking, there are two areas on the backside of the top edge that have chips of glass missing from somebody prying on it, and I'm probably looking at replacing it ..oh joy

I was going to let this ding be, but now that I've found the other damaged spots and the crack, no way.

I think I've found someone to take care of my upholstery needs, and I'll be talking with him tomorrow.  I don't plan on doing anything to the door panels other than maybe dyeing the carpeting, buffing some brightwork and having a small tear on the passenger door fixed.
Good thing I have the Armada to load all this stuff in!  Tomorrow I'll dig out the rear seat and back from storage to add to this.

It's kinda funny, both of the recommended places I contacted for upholstery have kinda given me the brush-off/have been too busy to take in my stuff, but the guy I'm going to see tomorrow has some time, and I first saw his sign last October so I've kept him in mind.

Brian

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2008, 09:01:59 PM »

Your going from drum/drum to disc/drum on your 300??  Because I did this same upgrade, and I believe my booster was the same as yours and I had no problems with the function.  Everything bolted up fine and I had great pedal so maybe give it a try first before you give up on your new booster.

Check out my, TC's T/C ,for more info on my booster upgrade.

But the new top and hood look NICE!!!

Bummer about the windshield...sure it won't be cheap to replace...

Looking good!!!

Brian

02 Chrysler Concorde Lxi

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2008, 04:01:06 AM »

Moe

Check with a glass shop on that shield.  I found one for a 67 Vert with the gasket

Ken

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2008, 07:26:58 AM »

Brian, can you point me to the link where you deal with the booster??  I can't seem to find it 

I'll start calling around for the windshield, although Ed mentioned a price for one that I forget at the moment...getting old sucks

Brian

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2008, 09:15:36 AM »

Here it is on page 8...about half way down.

http://www.moparfins.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=185&PN=8
Brian

02 Chrysler Concorde Lxi

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2008, 10:19:32 AM »

Quote from: Moesy
  ...getting old sucks   

Tell me about it.  Damned Kid

Ken

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2008, 11:37:45 AM »

Brian, thanks for the direction there.  I'm not so sure it will be a problem, who knows.
Steve, yeah, but I'm almost TWICE the damned kid that Mobby is, age-wise

I just got back from checking this other upholstery guy.  While I knew it would be lots of work material wise (the frames and metal are still very good), I just about choked when he quoted me $4500 And he doesn't take plastic

Where's Bobbert??

Moesy2008-05-10 16:38:47

Stitcherbob

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2008, 06:05:19 PM »

me no takes plastic neither

They treat me like dirt! I'm better than dirt! Well better than most kinds of dirt. Maybe not as good as store-bought dirt.Thats got nutrients & stuff
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC