MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1960 Fury Brakes  (Read 1177 times)

Obsa

• View Profile
1960 Fury Brakes
« on: September 10, 2008, 09:22:43 AM »

Does anyone know of a source for Brake Shoes for a 1960 Plymouth Fury? Polaraco already suggested aajbrakes for a front disc conversion but that is just a bit pricey for our current budget. Are there any other options for brakes on this old Fury?

Matt Aker

• View Profile
1960 Fury Brakes
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 11:12:26 AM »

I found this place, they have shoe (axle) sets listed for $60 for Mopar vehicles through 1962.

http://www.vintagepartshaus.com/index.html

I remember being able to get those shoes when I worked for CarQuest.  The part numbers were in the catolog and available in a short time frame.
Matt

I love don't YOU?  Cause I never grew up!

Matt Aker

• View Profile
1960 Fury Brakes
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 11:31:40 AM »

Matt

I love don't YOU?  Cause I never grew up!

Snotty

• View Profile
1960 Fury Brakes
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 10:03:01 AM »

I have not had the '62 since 2003, but I could always find new shoes at any local brake shop, and most parts houses.  I don't think it would be too hard to still do so.  I could check one of our local places here in Bakersifled if you have no other luck.
It's green here in Chico!!

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
1960 Fury Brakes
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2008, 01:38:37 PM »

Quote from: Snotty
I have not had the '62 since 2003, but I could always find new shoes at any local brake shop, and most parts houses.  I don't think it would be too hard to still do so.  I could check one of our local places here in Bakersifled if you have no other luck.

Snotty
I think that 60 is dual contact brakes
Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted

Snotty

• View Profile
1960 Fury Brakes
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2008, 11:11:28 AM »

OK, but I could still check if he would like.  I never had a problem finding shoes for the '62; it was drums that were non-existent.  Howver, Kanter is making them now.

That's a thought.

I know Steve really dislikes Kanter, but check and see if they are offering them.
It's green here in Chico!!

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
1960 Fury Brakes
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2008, 11:18:53 AM »

Quote from: Snotty
OK, but I could still check if he would like.  I never had a problem finding shoes for the '62; it was drums that were non-existent.  Howver, Kanter is making them now.

That's a thought.

Dislikes. . . . Understatement

The Dual contact shoes are not easy to find.  Try a local independant parts store.  You know, one who uses a real paper catalog?  Also you can try some of the on line stores.  But the last time I looked for those, there weren't any around

Obsa

• View Profile
1960 Fury Brakes
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2008, 12:20:56 PM »

I tried the link that MoparMatt posted emailed them asking about the front shoes. I got a email the next day from them wanting to know the Vin of the car so as to get the right shoes on Wednesday, sent that same day but haven't heard back yet.

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
1960 Fury Brakes
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2008, 01:47:45 PM »

Try calling them with the VIN handy.  That's pretty clever of them to use the VIN.  So many people don't know what they have. . . .

I was thinking. . .You may be able to swap on a later set of drum brakes. . . I have a complete set of fronts.  Then parts are easier to get.  I think that is an easy do

Obsa

• View Profile
1960 Fury Brakes
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2008, 05:25:00 PM »

I knew that should have checked back here sooner! My son found a place in Chattanooga that relined the old shoes. I had wondered about swapping later model drum  setup.  I have a 68 Coronet that sometime down the road will get front discs. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC