MoparFins

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

We changed servers, which is good, and lost all passwords, which is bad. See above.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Welcome Unca Hulca  (Read 2479 times)

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Welcome Unca Hulca
« on: April 20, 2008, 06:00:54 AM »

Heh Heh Heh

Love that name. . .Remindes me of an all time favorite movie. . Stripes

How about telling us about yourself and put up some pics of your project (s).  I have 8

[color=#ffff00 size=6]WELCOME[/color]
Favorite Expression. . . Damned Kids.  Lots of projects.  Donations accepted

Leaburn Patey

• View Profile
Welcome Unca Hulca
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2008, 10:00:43 AM »

WELCOME!!!
Uncle hulca? Is that like when you are not turning green when getting angry?? LOL Glad to have you aboard!!
CBarge2008-04-20 15:02:04
1968 Newport Custom project BOAB
1973 Satelitte wagon
1983 Dodge 400
2006 300C HEMI!!

Steve

• View Profile
Welcome Unca Hulca
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2008, 10:07:15 AM »

Hi Everybody!!!

Where to start.......How about Cars! I just love 'em!! I was heavily involved in the car hobby way back in the early '80's. Now don't hold this against me, but I was mostly a GM guy, BUT I was a GM guy with a soft spot and a lot of respect for mopars. Yes, I did the whole Chevelle SS/Camaro/Impala/GTO/4-4-2 thing and I loved 'em all. Now keep in mind, this was back when musclecars were affordable by regular non-independently wealthy folks like us.

Although the GM cars were lower priced, I managed to get a hold of some classic Mopar iron too. I had a '68 Road Runner Hardtop, a '68 Road Runner Post, and a '69 GTX. These were fun cars!

I moved away from cars for awhile and got into collecting and repairing old tube radios from the 30's. That was fun also, but after awhile, I missed the power of internal combustion engines. So, I sold my last musclecar (1969 4-4-2 convertible) and bought a MiracleTruss Steel Building kit. I also sold all my radios (100+), test and repair equipment, 3,000+ tubes and used that money to pay for a monolithic slab foundation. My father and I spent the next few months (week-ends only) assembling my workshop/storage facility for my latest hobby/obsession.....Antique Farm Tractors! Power without speed!

Then it happened. I got bit by the car bug again! It started when I found an original, one-owner, rust-free 1968 Oldsmobile Delmont convertible for a really reasonable price. Don't feel bad if you've never heard of the Delmont; it was only built for two model years ('67-'68) and was an interim model between the Dynamic 88 and the Delta 88. I snapped it up and was lovin' it! It felt so good to be back home in an old car again. The engine was a perfectly running well maintained 350 w/2BBL, but I didn't mind......at least not for a year.

I then found an all-original, unrestored 1957 Chevy Bel Air 2-door sedan with factory power pack!  I had always thought the '57's were just awesome looking cars, so I sold the 1958 John Deer 820 Black Dash I had just spent a year restoring and my 1949 Farmall MD and bought the '57.

But I wasn't done yet (do you all see what a sickness this car hobby is?).

I then got wind of another really rare Oldsmobile. A 1969 Delta 88 2-door Custom. Not what you would call a rare model in and of itself. BUT the original owner ordered it with the B07 Police Apprehender and Pursuit Package (ultra heavy duty suspension and handling components). He also specified the L32 39HP 455 engine! This is the same engine used in the '68-'69 Hurst/Olds. What a neat car!!! I got it from the estate of the original owner, an officer in the Navy, and astonishingly, he kept a detailed log book of everything about this car from the day he picked it up (July 3, 1969) until his last entry before his death in 1991. Every gallon of gas (including odometer readings and gas brand), every quart of oil, EVERYTHING!!! The car was well preserved for, since it spent the last 16 years under a tarp in an old barn.

Add another car to the collection.

Then I found the Sport Fury Convertible that, as I have sworn to my wife, is the last car.

It's a 1968 with the original 440HP (L-code VIN). Needs some work, but it will get whatever she needs and a whole lot of love.

I've gone into WAY too much detail. Thought you folks, should know the real me.

Glad to be here!

Uncle Hulka

Uncle Hulka

1967 Oldsmobile 4-4-2
1968 Plymouth Sport Fury Conv w/Factory 440HP
1969 Oldsmobile Cutlass S
1969 Oldsmobile Delta 88 w/Original B07 Police Package
1970 Chevelle 396

Leaburn Patey

• View Profile
Welcome Unca Hulca
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2008, 10:36:33 AM »

Sooo.....basically,you grew out of the Chebbie thing when you could no longer grow a mullet!!! LOL!!!
http://www.mulletjunky.com/
Anyways,I also like all old cars.I was an Indian (Poncho) lubber before aquiring expensive Mopar taste .Grand Am's LeMans and Grand Prix's in the past.
I do have a regular customer who brings in a rare 68 Delmont 88 2 door hardtop.Buckets,console shift,tilt wheel, and 455 2bbl.
Finding green interior pieces should be easy-it was one of the most popular colors in '68 Fury's in 68.

CBarge2008-04-20 15:37:53
1968 Newport Custom project BOAB
1973 Satelitte wagon
1983 Dodge 400
2006 300C HEMI!!

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Welcome Unca Hulca
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2008, 12:39:32 PM »

He saw the light 

Stitcherbob

• View Profile
Welcome Unca Hulca
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2008, 01:45:02 PM »

He's doing it right.... GM's are beginners cars!  (I've owned a few..Corvair, Corvette, Skylark, Cadawhack, trucks...etc)

The farm tractor thing is big out here in Joisey & PA
http://jacktown.com/schedule.asp

Welcome to this family, fellow east coaster!

They treat me like dirt! I'm better than dirt! Well better than most kinds of dirt. Maybe not as good as store-bought dirt.Thats got nutrients & stuff

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Welcome Unca Hulca
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2008, 01:48:58 PM »

And Bob is NOW A GM OWNER!

Arlen Vander Hoff

• View Profile
Welcome Unca Hulca
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2008, 02:55:44 PM »

Quote from: POLARACO
And Bob is NOW A GM OWNER!
Yeah but Bob's GM was FREE!!! so that helps a bit. although my son was offered a late 80' /early 90's chebbie station wagon for free and he turned it down because I've got him Mopar-brainwashed sooooooo badly!!!
But all that aside WELCOME!!! Uncle Hulka!! I too LOVE the name !!! Please just don't see how far your big toe will go up my a$$!!!
At least you have ONE good car!!!
ardog2008-04-20 19:56:52

Mike

• View Profile
Welcome Unca Hulca
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2008, 03:29:41 PM »

A guy who goes to some local car shows here in my area has a 68/69
Delmont convert with a 350, its a real nice ride indeed. Welocme to the
family Uncle Hulka!

Part of the Jersey Mob.

Dan Cluley

• View Profile
Welcome Unca Hulca
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2008, 01:15:41 AM »

Welcome.

I live just outside Lansing MI, so  I have to like Oldsmobiles.   When I was in High School  in the '80s I had 3 friends with Cutlass convertibles.  A '68, a '69, and a '71. 
1965 300 Convertible
1974 Dart Sedan

Steve

• View Profile
Welcome Unca Hulca
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2008, 02:03:45 AM »

Wow, you folks really know how to make a guy feel welcome! Friendly group, no doubt.

Yes, the Delmont is a cool ride and it's decent on fuel as well. However, I may be letting her go soon to help fund the Sport Fury project and the Delta project. As my wife astutely pointed out: " How many Dark Green, 1968, full-size, convertibles do you really need?"

Kind of a tough point to argue.

I'll probably be selling the '57 as well. A local guy as been asking me about it for awhile now, but I won't sell it to him. Nice guy and all, but he wants to make a Hot Rod out of it. Sorry, but this car has made it 50 years without being modified. I can't let that happen now. Except for some tune-up items, this car is still all original! Seems like every '57 I see around here is either souped-up or bastardized. I believe it's special and if I have to hold on to it to keep it that way, so be it.

I have to learn how to upload pictures so I can show you folks the SF! There are some really cool cars on this site, I gotta say. Really cool.

Uncle Hulka

1967 Oldsmobile 4-4-2
1970 Chevelle 396

Matt Aker

• View Profile
Welcome Unca Hulca
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2008, 04:14:27 AM »

I admire your passion Uncle!  I'd hate to see your '57 go to that fate also, but you said it best!

[color=#0000ff size=6]WELCOME![/color]
[color=#0000ff size=6][/color] 
[color=#ffffff size=2]After reading the title of this thread, someone needs to put another dime in the speel chekur...   [/color]
Matt

I love don't YOU?  Cause I never grew up!

Steve

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Welcome Unca Hulca
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2008, 05:54:34 AM »

Quote from: MoparMatt
I admire your passion Uncle!  I'd hate to see your '57 go to that fate also, but you said it best!

[color=#0000ff size=6]WELCOME![/color]
[color=#0000ff size=6][/color] 

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Deliberate

Matt Aker

• View Profile
Welcome Unca Hulca
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2008, 02:42:08 PM »

Shurr U ddid... 

PEW!  that stinks...    U ate that??????  What better a way to scare Uncle Hulka away...  GAWD....  waving hat around to disperse BAD wind...    Sis sez I'M bad!  wowwwww....
Matt

I love don't YOU?  Cause I never grew up!

Steve

• View Profile
Welcome Unca Hulca
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2008, 03:02:49 PM »

I put some pics up but don't know where you go can see them.

I wasn't always this stupid.

i could be wrong.

Uncle Hulka

1967 Oldsmobile 4-4-2
1970 Chevelle 396
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

© 2008-2014 Steve Hobby • © 2015 Allpar, LLC